Chris uses the MedX Equipment at the Buckingham Clinic to target his neck, back and core in preparation for his fights and to prevent injury.
The most important aspect in any strength training programme is safety. Without safety, people run the risk of injury during training.
MedX variable-resistance machines are the most technologically advanced fitness,sports and medical/rehabilitation equipment available. These machines operate on a very low level of friction, provide accurate and even resistance through full range of movement – full flexion to extension. If needed the range can be limited to full range painfree movement and specifically isolate the targeted muscle group.
There are 5 main benefits to using MedX machines to train versus other forms of strength building exercise
- The machine guides two dimensional movements. The machine dictates the course of movement. Incorrect movement is almost impossible, reducing injury risk.
- Pads, supports and restraints, which form part of the machine, ensure that individual muscles are isolated.
- Machine training does not require co-ordination skills. Training is effective from day one.
- The gain with machine-based strength training is muscle mass, endurance and strength.
Quote from Chris:Quote: “I used state of the art back and core strengthening MEDX equipment as part of my fight camp preparation coupled with boxing pad work with Gary Kennedy from Guerilla Nutrition. Both are available at the Buckingham Clinic. This made a massive difference for my last fight and would recommend it to everyone!”
Chris’ titles include:
- ISKA BRITISH CHAMP AT 59KG
- ISKA EUROPEAN CHAMP AT 61KG
- IMF WORLD CHAMPION AT 61KG
- SCOTTISH FIGHTER OF THE YEAR 2015